OIL SPILL MANAGEMENT
Oil Spill Management
Georama is the leading oil spill mapping outfit in the region. The company has developed a unique program for oil spill site environmental impact investigations that include;
- Mapping the extent of the spill;
- Establishing the depth of the oil plume;
- Establishing the lateral extent of the plume and its direction of movement;
- Determining the rate of natural attenuation of hydrocarbons;
- Determination of critical sampling points for soils and water;
- Providing insight into the appropriate clean-up and soil treatment methods;
- Planning for, drilling and installation of monitoring wells during cleanup and for post-cleanup observation;
Previous experience includes:
- Makupa Causeway Rail Wagon Accident Spill (Kenya Railways)
- Thange Pipeline Leak – Kenya Pipeline Corporation
- KM25, KM 27, KM 32, KM 41, KM87, KM171, KM391, KM395, KM397 on Mombasa-Nairobi segment (Kemya Pipeline Corporation)
- KM60 on Koru Line IV (Kenya Pipeline Corporation)
- Several Gas Service Stations tank leaks
The company provided accurate information that led to effective clean-up planning and management. The company also oversees post0cleanup surveys to confirm status.
Our Mission is to use Applied Geoscience for engineering solutions to everyday life problems in a way that advances humanity while preserving nature.
Our Vision is to achieve 100% customer satisfaction by delivering services at an affordable cost.
Our forward vision is to push the boundaries of Applied Geoscience and make ourselves the go-to entity for anyone seeking geoscientific solutions to engineering and developmental pursuits.
Our keys for service delivery:
- Desire for excellence
- Trust and confidence
We believe in
- Professionalism and ethics
- Adding value to our client needs
- Respect for disciplines
- Positive thinking